Why does my spouse tell me he doesn't want me, but also gets jealous of me?

My spouse decided he no longer wanted me six years ago. Things have deteriorated so badly that we have separated but still live in the same house. He says he despises the sight of me, wants to be with other women, and divorce. What I don't understand is that he says constantly that I have no feelings for him and gets absurdly jealous if I speak to another male. Why does he constantly do these behaviors? I might add he has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and as a narcissist.

What a burden for you!

Your husband cannot seem to make up his mind on his viewpoint and doesn't seem to care whether or not you're affected by speaking out of two sides of his mouth.

Keep yourself protected emotionally from him.   There's no good which can come by arguing with a person who  flips their position.

Live as separately as possible from him and stick to roommate type matters such as groceries, bill paying and housecleaning as discussion topics.

If he cannot make sense of what he thinks and feels, then certainly you will face similar difficulty trying to do so!

It sounds like this is quite difficult.

It sounds as if sometimes your spouse want you to be a part of his life (which could be a part of where the jealousy comes from) and sometimes he doesn't. Talking about this would likely be a delicate conversation and from what you mention he has been diagnosed with, I'm wondering if he has a therapist. If so, do you know whether he would allow you to come to one session so you can learn more about how he feels? Maybe he would be to use more of it because in the contained environment of an therapy office. This way at least you would know where he's coming from. You could also ask whether he is able to hear what you want, wish for, or desire between the two of you.

Remember, just because you hear or follow what he is saying does not imply that you agree with him, although that concept in itself could be a subject of discussion because not everyone is aware of it.

I hope that you are able to hold onto who you are and what you want throughout this.