Why do I have dramatic mood swings?

One moment, I'm happy, and then a tiny thing happens and I feel so hurt and awful that I can't handle anything. I cry and cry, then next morning, I'm happy. I'm so confused.

Probably there are deeper, more delicate topics beneath the surface.

If people don't address their pain, despair, shame, fears, and instead store them up, eventually the pile up leads to the situation you describe.

Give yourself the time to reflect on who you are, your priorities, values, people who may have injured your feelings in the past.

The greater your self-understanding becomes, the less likely some small, insignificant matter has the chance to topple the house of cards.