I'm seriously unhappy with everything in my life but I know I don't have any reason to feel this way

I can't even smile or fake one. I can't feel happiness about anything and I can't show love towards another person not even my girlfriend. I hate myself sometimes. All I see is ugly.

I can't get over the loss of a loved one and I'm not close to my family. What can I do?

The information above is intended as general information...  (more)The information above is intended as general information based on minimal information, and does not constitute health care advice. This information does not constitute communication with a counselor/therapist nor does it create a therapist-client relationship nor any of the privileges that relationship may provide. If you are currently feeling suicidal or are in crisis, call 911 or proceed to your local emergency room. It sounds quite overwhelming for you. For starters, you are certainly not alone when it comes to feeling a sense of emptiness after a significant death. We never “get over” the death of a loved one. We learn about the grieving process and developing helpful coping skills in order to process these very complicated emotions. There is a lot of literature out there, for starters. Also, it’s important for you to be able to explore these feelings in a non-judgemental environment. With that said, finding a therapist who specializes in bereavement and an organization (such as a local hospice) who provide support groups will be invaluable for you as you’ll be able to connect with people who have also experienced the death of a loved one.

Trust and believe your own feelings.

Emotions are real and reflect how someone feels about a situation.

Since you're sad about losing a loved one, be patient w your feelings about this.  

Basically, be guided by how you feel and eventually you will feel different emotions which I hope will be happier ones.