How do I overcome my anxierty and depression?
I’m facing severe depression and anxiety and I just feel like I’m going through a lot. This really distracts me and I cant get my mind off the things that are bothering me.
How do I overcome this anxierty and depression?
Working with a great therapist who can help you learn ways to cope might be beneficial to you. Sometimes just the act of being able to talk about things with a nonjudgmental person helps take some of the burden off of you. A therapist can help you change your thought patterns and teach you coping skills to reduce your symptoms.
- 2 views
Anxiety and depression is caused by ineffective functioning of the adrenals, kidneys, and the other systems that affects.
A basic protocol of natural health makes quick work of it (about 2-3 months-ish; maybe shorter with a good constitution, in your body) :)
- 13 views
Meditation may be able to assist you in lowering your anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Breaks Anxious Thought Patterns
A common symptom of anxiety is having racing negative and obsessive thoughts that create a vicious cycle of worry within your mind. Meditation can reduce rumination and the break negative thought patterns by increasing your control over random unwanted thoughts and decreasing your tendency to worry by altering the way your brain responds to stress. For example, instead of following your negative thought down the rabbit hole, you learn to view your thoughts differently and recognize it for what it is – a thought – and let it go. Thank goodness to neuroplasticity and your brains endless capacity to change!
Balances Brain Chemicals
Anxiety is brought on by various factors (personality type, emotional trauma, genes, prolonged exposure to stress…) and sometimes causes an imbalance of chemicals within the brain (GABA and serotonin). A meditation practice can assist in restoring the balance of neurotransmitters within the brain by increasing GABA (neurotransmitter connected to feeling happy and relaxed) and serotonin (another neurotransmitter connected to being happy) and decreasing cortisol (stress hormone).
Builds A Healthier Brain
Based on research and scans, individuals who have a regular meditation practice show dramatically larger amounts of gray matter, the volume of the hippocampus, thickness of the cortex, increased blood flow to the brain, improved neural connections between various parts of the brain and decreased size of the amygdala (controls autonomic responses associated with fear, arousal, and emotional stimulation).
View full article here: https://www.therapybyshannon.com/blog-2/2019/4/16/meditate-to-lower-anxiety-levels
- 22 views
Anxiety and depression are often linked. I don't consider them as diseases. Depression is a symptom of deep hurts to the sense of self that leaves a person feeling shamed. Anxiety is a symptom of not being given the proper emotional resources to handle the problems of life. It is also the result of being taught that life is a dangerous place that can't be managed.
- 44 views
Depression and anxiety can be disconcerting and disruptive to our lives in many ways. I am sorry that you are suffering so much. Depression and anxiety can arise due to experiences, genetics or a combination of both. I like for my clients look at their issues as whole persons so I would also recommend these tips:
- Physical: regular exercise, healthy balanced diet, rest and sleep
- Mental: how we think is how we feel. How are you interpreting the events that are happening to you? Try to interpret them in a less negative way. Unfortunately we cannot stop our thoughts as our brain is always working. If you can't see your issues in a different way then stop struggling and allow and accept whatever the unhelpful thoughts are. Choose to take actions based on your values and what will give you a fulfilling life no matter what your thoughts are. Remember, your thoughts have no power unless you act upon them.
- Emotional: do not let feelings dictate your actions, even if something feels anxious take action again based on your values and how you want to live.
- Social: connect with healthy friends and family that will be a positive support. Take up some hobbies and recreation activities as well.
If things do not improve I would encourage you to make an appointment with a talk therapist and discuss these issues. I would encourage you to also be open to consider an evaluation for anti-depressants with these issues as well.
If you ever feel like you might hurt yourself please call 911 or go to your nearest ER.
- 75 views
Life can bring us all kinds of struggles. Depression and Anxiety are very common reasons people come into counseling. Both can be debilitating. Sometimes when life struggles and stresses build up anxiety and depression become prominent. Learning tools to ride the waves of life is a core part of counseling. If you are ready to manage the symptoms and come up with a plan visit staceybshapiro.com for more information.
- 101 views
Wanting to make changes and asking for assistance is the first step. Overcoming anxiety and depression is not an easy feat to do on your own, especially if it's been something you have been battling for years. There are some different routes you may go down in order to start the healing process:
- Therapy - find a therapist who has a lot of experience with anxiety and depression. You can do this by googling "anxiety depression therapist " in your city. CounselChat also has a directory of amazing therapists, as does Psychology Today
- Medication - Depending on what other symptoms you may be struggling with depends on what medication you will be prescribed. Be 100% honest with the doctor and ask about different side effects or potential risks associated with the medication. You more than likely will be prescribed an SSRI.
- Therapy & Medication - The outcomes are very good for those who decide to do both. Medication can help level out out your mood and therapy can help you process through your emotions and keep you accountable for you goals , as you will be seeing your therapist more often than your psychiatrist
- Therapy & Homeopathy - Homeopathy could potentially be a good tool to use alongside with therapy in case you are not interested in going down the medication route. Arsenicum album is most commonly given to those who struggle with anxiety and depression.
- 103 views
First, be patient because anxiety and depression are rooted in a person's outlook on who they are and how they handle situations and relationships.
Changing these deep major structures in your life takes time to try new ways and see what develops, then fine tune accordingly.
Most commonly, anxiety and depression relate to one's self definition.
Reflect on your own opinion of yourself and whether you'd like making any adjustments to this. Then figure out what stops or inhibits you from doing this.
Try new ways of thinking and interacting with other people. The changed impression you make on others will influence your own view of who you are.
In America people take Pharma pills to not feel badly.
If you prefer to make natural, long-lasting change then reflect, read, try therapy if it feels right to you.
Eventually you will be better off this way than to take drugs to hide how you truly feel.
- 69 views
Submit your own question
- Relationship Dissolution
- Workplace Relationships
- Domestic Violence
- Anger Management
- Sleep Improvement
- Grief and Loss
- Substance Abuse
- Family Conflict
- Eating Disorders
- Behavioral Change
- Legal & Regulatory
- Professional Ethics
- Career Counseling
- Human Sexuality
- Social Relationships
- Children & Adolescents
- Military Issues
- Counseling Fundamentals