How do I deal with bullying at school?

I've been bullied for years and the teachers have done nothing about it. I haven't been diagnosed with depression, but i have been extremely sad for years.

How can I deal with being bullied at school when the teachers won't help?

Kelly Mulroy, LMHC, NCC, DCC
Kelly Mulroy, LMHC, NCC, DCC
Clinical Hypnosis and Psychotherapy

That's a very difficult situation that you are in. But you are not alone. I have several school-aged clients who find little to no assistance from their teachers at their schools regarding bullying.

There are a few options that are available to you to help deal with being bullied at school. One option that I would suggest is for you to talk to your support network. Friends and family can sometimes be good sources of support. Another option would be to speak with us about your counselor, if you have one. And third, there are some excellent online sources of support regarding the bullying at school (www.stopbullying.org).

Dr. Timothy Paul
Dr. Timothy Paul
'man'; Online - "Natural Health Consultant and Coach"

Teachers don't do anything about it due to liability of the school (school and faculty would get sued and have claims made against them); wouldn't expect much out of them;

Couple things:

1) Realize that bullies accuse others of the very crimes they are doing themselves;

2) Bullies aren't actually all that weak as others have said, but do not stand up against constant pressure of truth-telling;

3) Research yourself, or pay someone, to locate the bully's mother and father, and let them know what you have experienced (by way of text, phone, letter, etc.);

4) Access your own mother and father and tell them what you have experienced, and see if they will help;

Long term, society must return to a more masculine way of being such that these sorts of troubles are dealt with at the home :)

Learn to be man/woman, and watch the magic happen.

If you are currently feeling suicidal or are in crisis, call...  (more)If you are currently feeling suicidal or are in crisis, call 911 or proceed to your local emergency room. All written by 'i': 'man'; is [My] Property;

To be bullied is very painful.

I'm glad you know the bullies are doing the wrong thing and whatever they are telling you is pure meanness.

Depending on how independent you feel, why not tell either your classroom teacher or schedule an appointment with the vice principal?

Bullying other students is taken very seriously in some states and schools are expected to address the bullying until the victimized student feels safe.

If you hesitate to do this on your own, then would you ask either of your parents or even a friend of yours who is also in the school, to report the problem?

In case you are afraid the bullies will retaliate for reporting them, then tell this to whatever school authority you decide to ask for help.

You're entitled to be protected by your school.