How do I cope with losing my mom?

First, I want to say how sorry I am for your loss. The grief of losing a parent can be very difficult to work through. When you lose someone you love, you are forever changed. The goal of working through any loss is to reach a "new normal." Though you will never forget your mom, the grief processing is about learning to live in a different way, without her physical presence. One of the best things you can do is find a good support system. You need to talk about your loss, and talk about it a lot. Talking helps work through your emotions and reach a place of healing. Find friends you trust who can support you or find a good grief support group. They are hugely beneficial since the group will understand exactly how you feel. If you find you are still struggling, a good grief counselor will also help.

So sorry that you dealing with the loss of your mother! Our mother is one of our primary relationships. They are someone who have known us our entire lives. It is really hard when a mother dies! There are many different things that you can do to help yourself during this challenging time. First, be kind to yourself, and let yourself have your feelings. You can express your feelings by writing them down, by talking with a trusted friend or family member (it's really important that they are supportive and let you have your feelings and not try to fix you or make it all better), by going to a support group (for some people being around others who are also grieving and get it can feel very validating and they feel seen and understood) or starting individual counseling with a therapist who specializes in grief and loss. it can also help to find books about losing a parent. That can also help us feel seen, and we start to understand more about what it is we are going through and how we are feeling. If you like, you can check out my recommended reading page on my page site. There are several books listed that talk about a mother's death. It can also be helpful to think about ways that you carry your mother with you every day. Whether that's by inhabiting some of her positive traits or talking about her with your loved ones. My best wishes to you!