How can I end the grief of my son's passing?

It's now the 18th anniversary of my son's passing. The pain has not gotten any easier to deal with. Each year from the time he is born to the time he passed. I break down into a spinning depression. Nothing I have tried or read helps in anyway.

The information above is intended as general information...  (more)The information above is intended as general information based on minimal information, and does not constitute health care advice. This information does not constitute communication with a counselor/therapist nor does it create a therapist-client relationship nor any of the privileges that relationship may provide. If you are currently feeling suicidal or are in crisis, call 911 or proceed to your local emergency room. The death of a child is like no other. I am so sorry for you. When a child dies (no matter what the age) it is out of nature’s order. Amongst other things, there are bereavement support groups specifically for parents as well as organizations that are parent grief focused. Many years later if someone is feeling “depressed” as you say, it is called complicated grief. I would highly recommend seeing a therapist who specializes in grief counseling. It’s important to sort through your son’s death and your grief in order to make sense of these feelings. With organizations such as “Compassionate Friends” as well as hospices and houses of religion who offer support groups, you’ll be able to connect with other parents who “get it”.

Submit your own question

More Answers