How can I be with the boy who liked me?

There's this boy who asked me out awhile ago. I said no because my friends and family would think weirdly of me. How do I be with him and tell him and tell my friends?

Since you've decided to be with the boy who already showed you his interest, then why not simply tell him you decided to accept his invitation to be together?

Probably your first concern about hesitating to accept this boy into your life due to the way you imagine your family may react if you do, is the more complex matter to solve.

Forming a relationship does bring up our values and the way these are different or similar to our own.    

At the same time, we already have values which are rooted in those from the family in which we grew up.

Your dilemma of wanting to be with this boy shows there is a clash between your values as an individual, including your choice of partner, and the way your family understands the values which support being part of a couple.

Stay true to what you feel, whether this comes from your family or the way you currently are evolving.

This will guarantee that your new relationship will be built on the values and person you truly are.