How can I be less stressed?

I need help dealing with stress. How can I handle it all and feel less stressed out?

In case you feel some relief to know you're feeling the tone of our times.

We live with crumbling of our values which then gives rise to insecurity everywhere.  If someone doesn't know what their values are then its difficult to do anything, and right now everyday we hear uncertainty in what used to be our basic assumptions.

You're more normal for noticing and feeling stressed than if you imagine life felt fine the way it is!

One road to take is to accept that there are no clear roads forward.  This means to change long term goals into shorter ones.

Also, in general the more focused you can be as to your particular wishes, motivations, interests, and people about whom you care, the greater will be your sense of confidence that your personal world is as secure as it can be for right now.

And, it helps too to know that nothing lasts forever, eventually all of what is up in the air will start to land in a much more clear way.

Kelly Mulroy, LMHC, NCC, DCC
Kelly Mulroy, LMHC, NCC, DCC
Clinical Hypnosis and Psychotherapy

Part of handling stress is making sure that your perception of the stress is accurate. Sometimes stress can seem more than it really is. One thing that I encourage my clients to do is to ask themselves, "What is this stressor really about?" Simplifying stress is a key to minimizing stress and leads to feeling less stressed out.

Linda Abdelsayed
Linda Abdelsayed
Change is the only constant in life

There are many causes for feeling stressed out. Between a demanding job, family responsibilities, and everything else that can come up, stress becomes more and more part of our everyday life. One of the best ways to combat the toxic effects of stress on our bodies, social lives, and overall well being is to engage in self-care. But not the self-care that most people think of like vacations or massages. The best self-care is the kind that helps you live the life that you already have rather than escape it. You see, the reason why vacations and massages don't work long term in reducing stress is that they allow you to escape from what is causing the stress without truly fixing it so you just return to what already stressed you out. So, instead you need to find ways to help live with the stressors that you already have. They can be things like creating a more manageable schedule, introducing healthy eating or exercising, financial planning, and even learning a few simple relaxation skills. The key to combatting stress is to make small but consistent changes to your life so that it becomes more manageable and more enjoyable.