Do I have to go to counseling to get hormones to transition from female to male?

Philippe Bower
Philippe Bower
Healing with Philippe

This question depends on the Country, State, and doctor that you are working with. The clients I have worked with within Washington State, have had to attend therapy while undergoing hormone therapy. Additionally, many of my clients have had to receive an assessment to even have the ability to use insurance for hormone therapy. 

I would recommend that you ask your Doctor what their requirements may be. 


The information above is intended as general information...  (more)The information above is intended as general information based on minimal information, and does not constitute health care advice. This information does not constitute communication with a counselor/therapist nor does it create a therapist-client relationship nor any of the privileges that relationship may provide.   If you are currently feeling suicidal or are in crisis, call 911 or proceed to your local emergency room.

View 5 other answers

More Answers