I just lost my grandpa

I just lost my grandpa and i'm having a rough time with it.

I need some help to deal with the loss, but I don’t think I can pay for counseling. Where Can I get help?

Kaileen McMickle, MS, LPC
Kaileen McMickle, MS, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor

It's really admirable that you are reaching out to get help for something that can be very hard to deal with on your own.

Many counselors work based off a sliding-scale, meaning they may lower their fees to meet client's needs.  This can vary by location and therapist availability.  Another option is to try searching for counselors that would consider working with you probono.  There's no harm in asking!

It also may be helpful to check with your insurance company to see what services they cover and what their copay is.  

If it turns out that you are unable to find what you need, there are still many online support groups you can search via Google and/or Facebook that are specifically geared toward loss of loved ones.

The information above is intended as general information...  (more)The information above is intended as general information based on minimal information, and does not constitute health care advice. This information does not constitute communication with a counselor/therapist nor does it create a therapist-client relationship nor any of the privileges that relationship may provide. If you are currently feeling suicidal or are in crisis, call 911 or proceed to your local emergency room.

View 15 other answers

More Answers