Why do I always get ignored by people?

Every time I send a message to someone or a group message on Instagram, iMessage, or snapchat people will read my messages but then they won't answer me.

Could it be that there is something they don't like about me? I don't understand why they won't answer my messages. How do I get people to respond to me?

I understand the feeling of not being liked due to not having any responses on the sites you list.

More than likely the non-response has less to do with liking you than w liking the way you write your messages.

Have you tried asking a question in your posts?  

This would be one way to invite people to answer your post.

When you write,  imagine yourself as the reader of the post.

If you think about the wording of a question which would motivate you to respond, then this formula will very likely be the same for many others who read your post.

Good luck!

Earl Lewis
Earl Lewis
Relationship Expert

Sorry to hear your friends aren't responding to you. If these friends are in-person as well as online, perhaps going to them in person and asking talking to them about your concern. Perhaps it's the way you send messages or the way they are receiving them. if they say no, then a simple request to respond to your messages. Measure the result and notice if there are even small differences. 

Also understand, why this is so important to you. Ask yourself, why it's so important for you to receive these messages from friends. What does it mean when they don't respond. 

I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time.

I wonder about how your friendships are in person. If you get along well with people and have effective conversations with them face-to-face, there could be some kind of technology-related problem.

Have you tried gently talking to people about how you send a message and they didn't answer? If you can phrase it in such a way that they recognize that you are asking for information and not blaming them for not answering you, that could be effective.

I'd also encourage you to consider how much this is bothering you. If it is causing a significant amount of anxiety (say, more than 5/10 if 10 is really anxious), I would suggest talking with a local therapist.

In the meantime, consider talking about this with someone you trust to whom you can get more details to get a more specific answer.