Why can't I stop crying?

My grandma and brother both passed away 11 years ago and sometimes at night I just can't stop crying while thinking about the good memories we had but won't have ever again. I can't sleep at night when the memories and tears come I'll be fine all day then at night...boom! it's like waterfalls from my eyes. Why can't I stop crying?

Because you're sad and miss the relationship you had w grandma and your brother.

The academic point that grief takes a different length of time to lift for each person, is true.

Also, from a spiritual perspective, your grandma and brother are still here in loving relation to you, just not in physical body.  Pay attention if you have a sense of talking to them within your mind.  This may lessen your feeling of loss.

When you're done crying about missing them, your grief will simply disappear on its own!  It cannot be forced to leave.