The child I nanny hates me!

I nanny a three year old. When he wakes up in the morning he calls out for someone to come get him. If I am the one to go get him out of bed he gets really upset and refuses to let me near him. He screams that he wants his mom or dad (they work from home).

The rest of the day he loves me. But not in the mornings.

What can I do?

It is very likely the child is upset by the fact that the parents have left, more than that he hates you in particular.

The fact that by afternoon he is happy with you shows more likelihood that he reacts to the parents departure more than who you are.