Should I end it?

How do I decide if I should end my relationship with my boyfriend?

Siena Blanco, MS LCPC
Siena Blanco, MS LCPC
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind...
That you are questioning if you should end your relationship with your boyfriend tells me that you are unhappy with him. Spend sometime by yourself exploring the reasons for that unhappiness. Are these things likely to change or not? 
David Klein
David Klein
Humanistic Psychotherapy for Individuals & Couples

Without knowing the details, it would be very difficult to say! But, that's also the point of my response. Because even with the details, it's very hard to say, as no one is experiencing the relationship in your shoes, except for you. It might be helpful to process this in therapy, or with your boyfriend directly and voice your concerns about the relationship. In any successful relationship, the research has shown that openness in communication is vital.

That all being said, I would also add, with a lot of curiosity...if you have to ask the question, does that say something about what you feel is the quality of the relationship?

If you're asking the question, then probably you are pretty close to ending your relationship.

Make a list of what you don't like and then decide whether you'd like to tell these topics to your boyfriend as a discussion about your relationship.

He may have similar feelings and together the two of you may figure out new ways to be loving with each other.

If you've presented your needs and no change results, then ask yourself if you can be happy with him, given what you now realize about him and your feelings.