My girlfriend always brings up past events and talks negatively about them

Any time things get heated, the past gets brought up. I raise my voice at her to try to get a point across. She asks open-ended questions but always has to turn my own answer against me. She's seven months pregnant. I have drank in the past, but I'm not dependent on alcohol—I only drink at social events.

Have you tried to talk about the subjects of the past, in the present at a time in which there is no heat between the two of you?

Since your gf would like to resolve situations from the past the best way to do so would be to talk about them.  The more you try to avoid certain subjects the more likely they will come up between you at worse possible moments.

If you can get ahead of the pattern of old topics coming up without your control, then try scheduling a discussion about them.  

This by itself will show your gf you care about what she cares about and this may be one quality she would feel good about.