How do I get rid of my nightmares?

I have been having horrendous nightmares this whole month.

Are you facing any type of overwhelming situation in your waking life?

Dreams and nightmares are the non-logical ways in which we make emotional sense of what goes on in our everyday waking world.

Besides having some type of relaxing bedtime routine to set a peaceful mood for your sleep, and avoiding viewing violent films and video games as entertainment, maybe even avoiding news stories which sometimes have similar themes of violence, the content of our dreams and nightmares is out of our direct control.

Your nightmares may offer useful clues as to what you're trying to resolve in your life.  

Pay attention to the story of your nightmare because it reflects how you feel in waking life.

If you feel helpless and silenced in your nightmare, or taken advantage of, or whatever dreadful situation goes on during your nightmare, then look for where in waking life, you may feel similar.

In this way, you'll become clearer about stressors in your life that you may not have realized existed were it not for the stress of nightmares.