How do I choose the right path with my boyfriend?

For the past week or so me and my boyfriend have been fighting. He has been making a lot of bad choices and he is currently hospitalized. I'm barely eating or sleeping because I'm constantly worried about him. Everyone else in my life says that I should just forget about him and walk away. What should I do?

Forgetting one's emotions is impossible.

Since you are in a relationship with this guy, your emotions keep your feelings active toward him.

Does he respect your upset with his lifestyle choices?

Are the two of you having conversations about your opinions on him?

You're as entitled to dislike what he does as he is to like what he does.

Since you're together in a relationship, respect for the other's values and how best to live life, matters.

He may be as unhappy about your dislike for his lifestyle as you are with his.

Try to know whether he's willing to change to accommodate you.

Study whether you're willing to change to accept his ways.

See whether the two sides are close enough to be different from one another and still be happy together.

Then, if the answer is "no", you can consider to separate from him and your emotions gradually will recuperate from leaving the relationship.