How can I get my ex-girlfriend back?

She said she needed space after three days of dating, and she got a boyfriend a week later. I still really miss her, and she told me she still likes me.

Given the short amount of time you know this girlfriend, there is no history on which to make a judgment about the likelihood of what she will do next.

Certainly she is confusing by telling you she likes you and is with someone new.  And not giving you any explanation as to why she made her decision.

I'd suggest two possibilities.

Speak with her and ask her if she considers opening your relationship with her.

Or, simply wait and see what she does when you contact her in a friendly way.

Pay attention to your own satisfaction level.

If you get more answers from her which aren't agreeable with you, then it is time to put the hope for this relationship behind you.

Then you'll have clear space to find someone who is as interested in you as you are in them!

It sounds as if your ex-girlfriend is trying to figure out what type of relationship she is looking to have with you. There are lots of levels of relationships, from a basic acquaintance, to a more friendly acquaintance, to a friend, close friend, best friend, early romantic partner, committed romantic partner, and many more.

If she is willing to have a conversation with you about her feelings, it may be helpful to have her explain her feelings to you while listening as an investigative reporter and asking questions that cannot be answered with yes or no, but are what are called open-ended questions, which ask her to provide more information. During this process, it would be helpful for you to try to think of it as not being personal, but just listening and trying to understand the experience from her perspective. After you have done this for five minutes (it's a rough estimate, but basically until you can restate what she is saying and she says you have it right), you can switch so she is asking you questions about how you are feeling. The goal is not necessarily to change the outcome, but to learn more about yourselves and each other.

Then you may have an idea of where you stand in each other's eyes.