Do I text, call, or make contact first, the same day of the morning I left his house?

I've known him for about six years. We've dated off and on. I hadn't seen him in close to three years but recently started seeing him again. I really want this to last this time. I stayed the night. Do I text, call, or make contact first, the same day of the morning I left his house?

It is possible your question reflects some insecurity about whether or not either or you would like this relationship to continue.

Otherwise, the answer to your question would appear naturally.  If you genuinely feel close enough to this person to sleep with him, then who texts whom first, wouldn't really matter too much.

Try to understand within yourself whether you feel truly interested in this person as much as you would like to feel toward someone.

I don't see why you can't call, text, or make contact first. It would be up to him to reply when he can and wants to, but I don't know why you couldn't initiate contact.

One thing to consider as you get to know each other better is having conversations about conversations. For example, you could say "I'd like to call or text you more often, but I'm concerned about _____ (listing what you are most worried about)." Then he can discuss his reaction and you can have a dialogue about it.