CounselChat helps therapists grow their practice through connection with clients and professional development.
We’re offering this no-cost continuing education unit to help therapists use online communication ethically and effectively.
Understand the sources of law and ethics regarding social media use.
Identify ethical use of professional social media.
Understand the difference between personal and professional social media use.
Identify (and avoid) some common pitfalls in professional social media use.
1 Law & Ethics NBCC CE Hour
Approved for 1 Law and Ethics NBCC CE Hour
For Social Workers, Licensed Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Create a CounselChat account
- Click "Begin Course"
- After completing each screen, click the green arrow to continue. You can monitor your progress on the course outline on the right side of your screen
- Once you have completed the course, you can take the test. You have three attempts to pass the test. A passing score is 80% (4 out of 5 questions answered correctly).
- After passing the test, you will have the opportunity to complete a course evaluation.
- Once you have submitted an evaluation, you will receive a completion certificate via email.
- This training contains general law and ethics information.
- This training is not intended as legal guidance or legal advice.
- Please make sure you know the specific rules the apply to practice in your jurisdiction.
Questions, comments, issues with the course? ContactSupport